Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Fourth!

Happy Fourth of July, everyone! I celebrated by sleeping in ridiculously late by accident, baking up some shortbread, doing a LOT of laundry to prepare for Kendi's 30 for 30 challenge , and then heading over to have dinner with family and set off a little heavy artillery. I'm a huge fan of literally burning through large amounts of money in the form of fireworks -- plus my grandmother's house, where we spend each 4th, is just outside the city limits, meaning we can blow up stuff legally! I'm usually not quite so violent in my ideologies, but something about celebrating our nation's founding just makes me throw caution to the wind, I guess.


scarf & earrings - thrifted, dress - anthropologie (years ago), shoes - Target

Speaking of throwing caution to the wind, check out my ridiculous patriotic ensemble. I think of this as my "Fourth of July" dress because that's the only day I ever wear it. I bought it on sale from Anthro years ago (maybe even when I was still in high school), and I've never figured out another occasion that it would work for. Maybe a 1940s beach-going themed party? I'll have to work on that one.

And finally, a gratuitously cute shot of the puppy that was dumped on my grandmother's property. My mom and I are taking her to the vet early next week to make sure she's healthy and parasite-free so she can finally be allowed indoors. My mother suggested they name her Scout, and I think it's going to stick!


1 comment:

What Would a Nerd Wear said...

thanks for your note this morning! glad i found you, too--looking forward to what you put together! what a cute 4th outfit!