Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Colorado Outfits Part 2

Good morning! I'm back with the second half of my Colorado outfit photos. These are from the half of the vacation where I got a little bored dressing for nature and started changing clothes halfway through the day so I could wear one thing to hike in and another thing to go out to dinner in. When I was little I went to a private school and had to wear a uniform, and I vividly remember coming home at the end of the day and immediately changing into the most outlandish ensemble I could find in my closet--this sort of felt the same way.

23!

shirt - vintage, plus hiking jeans & shoes

Okay, this isn't particularly put-together, but look at that creek! Those trees! That blue sky! I wish I was back in Colorado right now.


24!

top - Target, cardigan - GAP, skirt - self-made, belt - F21, boots - vintage

I wore this to go to dinner at the Baldpate Inn, one of my favorite places in the world. The Baldpate is a rickety old B&B-style lodge that clings to the side of a mountain. All the floor seem to slope. Dinner is salad, homemade soup, thick homemade bread, and amazing pie. The walls are covered with photos of famous people who stayed there in the '20s & '30s. The Baldpate is named after a mystery novel called The Seven Keys to Baldpate, and accordingly there is a key museum on the other side of the lobby, where old keys with hand-lettered tags hang from the rafters and on every wall. In short, it's a magical place.


25!

top - (dress) F21, cardigan - Target, jeans - GAP, belt - vintage, shoes - vintage

I wore this to hike around the Alluvial Fan (don't worry, it's more of a slow amble on a paved sidewalk, or else my boots would have been most inappropriate hiking footwear). The Alluvial Fan is a cascades that formed in 1982 when Lawn Lake burst through its dam and flooded the valley. My dad was there when it happened, along with his parents and brother--they happened to be headed up Trail Ridge Road (the highway that goes over the Continental Divide) and they saw the whole flood happen from above.

26!

skirt - American Apparel, jacket - GAP, scarf - Target, shoes - Nine West Outlet

Every year since I was small we've celebrated my birthday early during our Colorado trip. I didn't particularly want to this year since our trip was earlier than usual and coincided more closely with my mom's birthday than mine, but we ended up celebrating both. I can't complain--we went out for pizza, I got a brief respite from the chilly (in the 70s!) mountain weather in the form of chai from Starbucks, and my parents gave me a beautiful turquoise ring & necklace that they had purchased at a local jewelry shop. What can I say? I'm spoiled.


27!

dress - Fossil, shoes - TOM'S, bag - craft fair

I wore this super low-key outfit for some last-minute shopping at the Macdonald book shop & stationary store, as well as one last leisurely drive through the park. Good-bye until next year, mountains!

1 comment:

Sara said...

They are all adorable but I love #24! Love the pattern on that skirt!