Monday, July 27, 2009

It never hurts to be prepared!

Dudes, I made a skirt!

When it gets to be this part of the summer--the long, hot, interminable part--I always start wishing it was fall. I love fall--school supplies, Halloween, campfires, penny loafers, wooly scarves, corduroys. I decided to prepare myself by buying corduroy in July.


I can't decide if this fabric is ugly or awesome. I really like the teal/mustard combination, but I think it might be weird from a distance. Oh well, too late now!

I like this pattern a lot--it's McCall's, can't remember the number at the moment. It came out a little big--I took it in, but it still sits more on my hips than my waist. I'm going to make another from this pattern, and I'm going to try to make it so it sits more at my natural waist, and hits above the knee.

No comments: