Monday, January 25, 2010

Quilt!




My latest BIG project is a queen-sized quilt for my bed. This picture doesn't really do the fabric justice--it's a mixture of peachy pinks, aquas, and cheerful purples. A tad little girl-y, but that's just how I roll. The quilt pattern is the "Ollalieberry Ice Cream Quilt Pattern", by Alicia Paulson of Posie Gets Cozy. Buying the PDF was definitely worth it--the instructions are clear and easy to follow, even for a novice quilter like me.

Sewing the quilt top together was easy-peasy, since I'm fairly experienced at garment sewing. The actual quilting, however, is another story. I've been struggling a bit to keep all the layers of the "quilt sandwich" aligned and smooth. I'm just hoping there aren't toooo many visible mistakes when I'm done! I find that putting on the local 50s & 60s oldies station helps a lot with the quilting process.

2 comments:

Alanna said...

Cute! I love your fabrics. Post pictures when you're done too!

Unknown said...

hi kathryn,

this is very pretty.

with love,
parvoneh